Early Times in Hereford Township
The Hereford Township Heritage Society, Inc has published a book entitled “Early Times in Hereford Township”. This book contains over 360 photographs of farms, farming practices, families, homes, occupations, schools, and other activities that were a symbol of everyday life during the period of from about 1848 through 1956. Most pages contain single photographs with documentation. This time period represents the one-room school house era in Hereford Township. The book is divided into eight chapters, each representing a one-room school house district. Photographs are primarily from private sources and have not been published. Each chapter contains the map of that specific school district in Hereford Township, copied from the 1876 Atlas of Berks County, Pa. These maps identify the names of individuals living in properties marked on each of these individual school district maps. Specific photographs are in their original color. The book is hard-bound and is 400 pages in length.
Preview The Book
We have created a preview of "Early Times in Hereford Township" with 10 pages of photos from the book along with their descriptions.
Preview The Book HERE! (The preview is not in the same format as the book.)
How To Order
- Print the order form HERE
- Fill out the form with the requested information
- See Payment Details on Form
- PA Residents - $58.00 per book mailed
- Non Residents - $55.00 per book mailed
- Mail the completed Order Form with check to the address provided.
- Local pickup - $53.00
- Explanation: We have to charge $53 for PA residents - $3 is sales tax. Shipment anywhere in the US is $5.00 via media mail. Out of state residents don't have to pay the PA sales tax.
Thank you for your interest in the Hereford Township Heritage Society.